Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do you hold classes?
- Classes are held at the theater location unless otherwise noted.
- Where are your shows?
- All our shows are held at The Robert Mello Studio, 4048 Flowers Rd., Doraville, GA.
- What kind of shows do you do?
- Our comedy shows include improv, sketch, character showcases, student grad shows and more.
- When can I see shows?
- We do not perform every weekend. Please check out our calendar for all the details.
- How do I make a reservation for a show?
Head over to our calendar and choose the show you’d like to attend. Each show page has a “Buy Ticket” link. From there you’ll be taken to a form where you can pre-purchase your ticket.
Please arrive at the box office no later than 10 minutes before show time to claim your tickets. We release all tickets not picked up by that deadline to our stand-by list.
Seating is general admission, first come first served.
If there is no ticket link it can mean any of the following:
- The show is sold out. You can still try to get a seat by arriving at the theater and putting your name on a stand-by list.
- The show is free. Our class shows and mixers are free and open to everyone!
- The show has already happened. You might be looking at an old date for a show. Make sure you clicked the right show date.
- Can I record or photograph a show?
- We love seeing ourselves on social media. Photos, Boomerangs, and silent clips are all ok. We do however ask that you DO NOT record or post video or audio. Remember though, you're at a live event so try to be discreet and use your best judgement when capturing something at the theater. It’s probably best to put your phone away and enjoy what’s happening!
- How do I sign up for a class?
- All of our current class offerings are listed on our Classes page. The classes are broken down into Improv, Sketch, and Stand Up offerings. Select the class you want and follow the link to register.
- I signed up for class. What happens next?
- You’ll receive a welcome email shortly after signing up. It will contain all the information about your class. If you have further questions you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- What if a class is on a “Wait List”?
- If the class you are interested says “Wait List” then it has sold out. If you would like to sign up you’ll be placed on the wait list. Being on the wait list doesn’t guarantee a spot in the class. If a spot opens up, we will go through the list in the order they were received.
- I have prior improv training - can I skip any levels?
- Our training program is tailored to strengthen your skills whether you’re an experienced improviser or just starting out. We love that there are so many other improv schools, theaters, and approaches. We will allow students with prior experience to skip levels in any of our programs, but only after permission is obtained from us. Please email email@example.com and provide us with references for your prior training before signing up.
- How do I become a performer at the theater?
- Is your theater handicap accessible?
- Yes it is.
- Can I bring my children to your shows?
- Our shows are generally intended for adults and the material will therefore be of an adult nature. If you're cool with your kids hearing that type of stuff then so are we.
- Where can I park?
- Our parking lot is located on site. It’s small so arrive early if you’d like to guarantee a spot.
It depends what you want to do! We hold regular auditions and applications to become part of our shows. We hold open improv mixers about once a month. Follow us on social media everywhere @highwirecomedy for announcements. Additionally, keep an eye on our blog or community page for all the info on these opportunities!